Re: [opensuse-factory] Apache-HTTP/2 in Leap 42.1?
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 25.10.2015 um 13:49 schrieb Bjoern Voigt:
Bjoern Voigt wrote:
I'd like to ask, if HTTP/2 support is planned in coming release
openSUSE Leap 42.1?

HTTP/2 support in Apache requires Apache >= 2.4.17 and OpenSSL >=
1.2. Currently I only see Apache 2.4.16 and OpenSSL 1.0.1i in Leap
42.1 packages.
I wonder, why the upcoming openSUSE Leap 42.1 distribution still
comes with OpenSSL 1.0.1x. OpenSSL 1.0.2 is out since Jan 22, 2015.

Other distributions like openSUSE Tumbleweed, Ubuntu 15.10, Mageia
cauldron or Arch current already have openssl 1.0.2d.
If you wonder about that you probably don't know that much about how
Leap 42.1 was created. It's not a snapshot of Tumbleweed.
https://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Leap
Yes, but Tumbleweed is not the point here (only an additional
example). I wonder, why OpenSSL is not in Leap 42.1, 10 month after
OpenSSL 1.0.2 is out. May be, there are stability or compatibility
issues with OpenSSL 1.0.2 or nobody had time to update the package
or because of SLES or something else ... ?

And no, I will probably not use Tumbleweed on production web servers
and I will not use HTTP/2 in Apache 2.4.47 (HTTP/2 is marked as
experimental in Apache 2.4.47) on production web servers. But it
would be nice to have a solid OpenSSL 1.0.2 basis in Leap 42.1, so
that I and other interested users can try a stabilized HTTP/2
support in Apache 2.4.x somewhere later. Updating OpenSSL 1.0.1x to
1.0.2y on a running Leap 42.1 is possible, but because of masses of
dependencies to this library it's probably a risky option.

Greetings,
Björn