Fwd: Post to opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx denied: Re: [opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] Found a .doc document that LilbreOffice fails to render correctly. From the administration.
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 19:37:52 -0400
Carlos,

I think of myself as prolific poster on the various openSUSE mailing
lists, but across these 13 lists it seems you outdo me by a factor of
5 since Jan 1, 2013

http://opensuse.markmail.org/search/?q=

I believe those are the 13 most popular lists for posts (excluding
-offtopic which can be a high volume list as well and I'm pretty
active there as well.)..

In the last 2 months, you've posted over 10% of the messages across
all 13 lists:

http://opensuse.markmail.org/search/?q=#query:date%3A201509-201510%20+page:1+state:facets

In those 2 months you've out posted me 10 to 1.

It doesn't really bug me, but I can see why it might be an annoyance for others.

So as Richard said (I believe), just dropping the number of posts
might help as much as anything.

Perhaps you could monitor your posting frequency via the above links
and make a point of not being the top poster?

On the other hand I don't see a month with over 300 posts from you in
the last year, so that's 10 or less posts per day from you on average.
I don't really find that crazy excessive.

fyi: I used to be on a Tru64 UNIX mailing list that had an interesting
netiquette. The first poster posted to the list. The rest of the
thread was via private emails, then the original poster had the
obligation of summarizing the situation once it was resolved. And if
there was no resolution, that too had to be reported.

It made the archive really useful since it was basically all
substance, no fluff.

But that was a list for sysadmins, not developers or end-users. I
don't think it would work here, but making an effort to reduce the
volume of posts looks like a good idea.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer