Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap42 - something must be slowing down my system
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:00:07 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

It's veryyyyy slow. It's nothing special, an HP xw6400. A couple of
Intel 5130 @ 2Ghz with 2Gb RAM. A couple of SATA drives in RAID1,
graphics is a dual Nvidia Quadro 440. I use it exclusively for
testing Leap.

Locking the screen on an otherwise inactive system takes 11 seconds
from I press Ctrl-Alt-L. After that it takes another 15 seconds for
the icons (user,new,change) to appear on the locked/login screen.

To login, I need to click on the password field to move the focus,
takes 5 seconds. I type my 8-character password in a second or so, but
it
takes 5 seconds for it to appear as bullets in the password field. In
chunks of 2 and 3.

Any possibility this is graphics driver related? nouveau didn't work,
so I installed the latest (for this card) nvidia driver from source.

For the moment, rebooting solved the issue - now I'll just wait a couple
of days to see if it slows down again.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.2°C)