Re: [opensuse-factory] Please review Leap 42.1 release notes
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:34:40 +0200
Johannes Meixner wrote:
On Oct 22 10:56 Ludwig Nussel wrote (excerpt):
If you find noteworty issues with Leap or have packages that need
special attention when updating from previous releases

I assume "updating from previous releases" means
in practice "updating from openSUSE 13.2"?

Regarding "releases" (plural):
Is "updating from openSUSE 13.1" officially supported?

Well, I'm not sure talking about "officially supported" makes sense
in the context of openSUSE :-) From a technical PoV upgrading from
13.2 has a higher chance to succeed than from older releases.

Regarding "updating from openSUSE 13.2":

I think all packages that come from SLE12 and have a lower version
that the one in 13.2 potentionally need special attention because
in those cases a version downgrade happens when updating to Leap.

A lower version doesn't mean that it's causing problems on upgrade
though.

Do we have a listing of those packages where updating
from 13.2 to Leap results a package version downgrade?

I don't think so.

Btw, https://en.opensuse.org/Upgrade is looking for a volunteer to
adjust for Leap.

cu