Re: [opensuse-factory] my /tmp was full
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 2:07 AM, C. Brouerius van Nidek
<cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After the last update my system hang with the information that it could not
proceed with the boot process because my /tmp was full.
Skype with close to 100 entrances was one of the big users f /tmp but also
chromium was well present.
Deleted the /tmp content and got my system working again.

I remember that in former versions of SUSE the contents of /tmp could be
controlled.
Looked into Yast and could find this possibility. Could somebody point me out
where to find this setting?

edit .let's say: /etc/tmpfiles.d/tmp-local.conf

v /tmp 1777 root root 10d
v /var/tmp 1777 root root 30d

then..

mkdir -p /etc/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants
ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/tmp.mount
/etc/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants/tmp.mount

reboot.