Re: [opensuse-factory] audacity, pulseaudio and M-Audio 2496 - no recording possible
Hi,

sry, forgot to add the information about the os - it is of course a
Tumblweed system with the latest snapshot installed.

Hi *,

I have an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 in one of my systems.
I use the digital in and digital out connectors.
Output works perfectly with pulseaudio and different audio programs, but
I can't find a solution for my recording problems.
With audacity the input level seems to be 0, the pavuctl program also
show this level.
With Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 on the same system and with the same
connectors everything works as expected, so it is not a hardware
problem.
Do I have to change something in the alsamixer? I'm a bit confused about
the different channels and switches for my card shown in alsamixer.
Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thx!

Bye.
Michael.