Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Video performance [Was: Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?]
On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 2:26 AM, Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 21 of October 2015 02:37:45 Yamaban wrote:

Think about a (semi-)professional photographer that does things like:
recalibrating colors (redshift, blueshift, ...)
recalibrating dynamic range (16bit/12bit/10bit to 8bit rgb)
mounting multiple singlurars to panoramas, with correcting angles, etc

All this implies MASSIVE amounts of computations done.
for a single RAW, die difference between 60 seconds CPU
and 35 seconds GPU+CPU worktime is not the world.
Now, multiply by 500, for a full workday load.

I wonder what CPU you have that it takes so long. Processing a raw from
Canon 7D (18 Mp) took ~8 seconds on my old 2x2GHz Athlon64 CPU and is
even faster now with FX-4350 (4x3.8 GHz). As the steps I need to do for
"almost no postprocessing" pictures take me way longer than that, I see
no need for GPU offloading.

Stitching or HDR tone mapping is quite compute-intensive, especially
on High-Res pictures.