Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Video performance [Was: Will we have additional repositories for Leap as we have currently?]
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 07:26:21 +0200
On Wednesday 21 of October 2015 02:37:45 Yamaban wrote:

Think about a (semi-)professional photographer that does things like:
recalibrating colors (redshift, blueshift, ...)
recalibrating dynamic range (16bit/12bit/10bit to 8bit rgb)
mounting multiple singlurars to panoramas, with correcting angles, etc

All this implies MASSIVE amounts of computations done.
for a single RAW, die difference between 60 seconds CPU
and 35 seconds GPU+CPU worktime is not the world.
Now, multiply by 500, for a full workday load.

I wonder what CPU you have that it takes so long. Processing a raw from
Canon 7D (18 Mp) took ~8 seconds on my old 2x2GHz Athlon64 CPU and is
even faster now with FX-4350 (4x3.8 GHz). As the steps I need to do for
"almost no postprocessing" pictures take me way longer than that, I see
no need for GPU offloading.

Michal Kubeček