Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Konqueror insists on viewing all directories with fsview
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:40 +0200
Am Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2015, 07:24:59 schrieb Luca Beltrame:
Konqueror hasn't been ported to KF5 and released, and thus it can't load
the file management part (which is shared with Dolphin, which instead is
KF5 based from 15.08 onwards). So at the moment there isn't a proper
solution until Konqueror in KF5 form is released.

Well, it should work if we wouldn't actively *remove* dolphin4 from kdebase4
with an openSUSE-specific patch:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/KDE:Applications/kdebase4?linkrev=base&rev=29

KDE upstream added the KDE4 based dolphin/dolphinpart back to kde-baseapps
(co-installable with the KF5 version) in time for the 15.08.0 release to fix
Konqueror, after it was missing in RC1.
And *we* deliberately broke it again...

So the solution would actually be easy I suppose: remove that patch and ship
the files in a dolphin4 package or maybe even in the konqueror package itself.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang