Re: [opensuse-factory] We'll stop testing i586 for TW
Hello,

Am Sonntag, 18. Oktober 2015 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Am 17.10.2015 um 23:24 schrieb T. Godawa:
And a ThinkPad with 2 GHz CoreDuo, 4 GB of RAM and a small SSD is
still a reliable and very cheap "working horse" for many people,
when using it with Linux!

I'm sure it is. And as I said: as long as these many people fix their
own bugs I'm fine with keeping it around as a port somewhere.

To make sure that i586-specific bugs get noticed quickly, could you
re-enable one or two i586 tests in openQA?

I'd expect that arch-related failures typically happen on the very base
of the system (booting, kernel, glibc) and not on the upper level (KDE,
whatever) [1], so having one or two i586 tests active sounds like an
acceptable tradeoff between openQA load and keeping i586 supported.

It probably doesn't matter which tests will run, so feel free to pick a
fast test (maybe installation and some xfce testing?) ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] at least that's my guess ;-)
--
Gibt es eine CPU Beschränkung bei der Prof. Version?
Die gibt es tatsaechlich, hat aber nichts mit der Professional Version