[opensuse-factory] [Leap 42.1] Corrupt display on guest when hibernating host
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 22:18:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Situation:

Host: openSUSE 13.1 with vmware player 6.
Nvidia with proprietary driver.

Guest: openSUSE Leap 42.1. Both gnome and xfce.

And several other combinations.

Sometimes the display of the guest corrupts like shown in this photo:

<http://susepaste.org/56632586>

Aparently it happens when I hibernate the host with the guest running, but also in other situations. The display can be cleared by resizing the vmplayer window, because it forces a redraw. Also sometimes when clicking around on areas of the desktop thar are active: ie, the guest is running fine.

For instance, doing an ssh session from the host to the guest, and then running "chvt 1", "chvt 7" triggers it.

I don't know if this is a vmware bug or an openSUSE bug (guest).

Ideas?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.