[opensuse-factory] Installation of Leap RC1
Today I performed a native installation of Leap RC1 on my desktop.

I have the following observations:

After booting the system from the USB stick and choosing Checking the
distribution media, this did not work. Via the menus that follow I found an
Expert menu entry that finally gave me the opportunity to check the media and
choose the proper device to check, which did succeed. So apparently that
primary entry does not know the medium it was booted from.

During the installation I selected Dutch as language. Most of the text was in
Dutch, however the slide show did not show the Dutch text in case "openSUSE
Leap 42.1" was present in the text. I would suggest to present the text with a
parameter containing the name of the distribution. In that case the text of
the slide show does not need new translated strings with each distribution and
translations are preserved from distribution to distribution.

I really miss the opportunity to set the name of the system during the
installation. One needs to change that name afterward in /etc/hostname which
now gets an arbitrary name and is not even the name the system gets from the
DHCP server. The name it gets from the DHCP server is shown on prompts. My
preference is to have this name set during installation and not to request
that name from the DHCP server.

The installation went otherwise well.

In KDE I had the already reported problems. I tried Kontact and in KMail I
found the default theme having too much spacing between the folders in the
folder window. I have a lot of folders which in my current KDE system fit on
the screen. Not anymore. I forgot how to change the theme to the one I am
using in Tumbleweed, which has less spacing, but I will find the solution. I
still would suggest to use a better default theme there.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf