Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: New Tumbleweed snapshot 20151012 released!
* Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx> [10-16-15 14:31]:
==== shim ====
Version update (0.7.318.81ee561d -> 0.9)

- shim-install : set default GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR from /etc/os-release

I'm not sure if this is related, but after the update the boot name in
BIOS (I use secure boot) has changed from opensuse-secure-boot (which
was first and does not actually boot) to grub-secure-boot (second in the
list and working). I've disabled the first entry in the boot setup from
BIOS, but is this the way it is intended to work? How can I get rid of
the non-working boot entry?

I find the same on my acer laptop. The first entry in the efi table is
opensuse-secure-boot, which I didn't have previous, and the second is
grub-secure-boot which works. opensuse-secure-boot does not work, merely
leaves the back-lit screen blank with a dash cursor in upper right corner.

Really thought the system was trashed until discovering the added entry.

Following conversation with great interest. If I can help....