Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE-Leap-42.1, RC1 has arrived
On 10/15/2015 11:10 AM, Bob Martens wrote:
Is anyone unable to get the GUI desktop environments to come up when using
VirtualBox in Tumbleweed? It installs successfully, but neither GNOME or KDE
will load the GUI when using VB.

It could just be my system, so let me know what everyone else is finding.

Using Leap 42.1-RC1 with KDE, starting the VB GUI causes Plasma5 to crash. I reported it using the built in bug reporter, but I failed to note the bug number.

My bug might be the same as you are finding.

By downloading and installing the VB RPM from https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Linux_Downloads, I was able to get VB running.

Larry