Re: [opensuse-factory] What should I expect from KDE @ Leap atm?
Op donderdag 15 oktober 2015 10:05:21 schreef Per Jessen:
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Op woensdag 14 oktober 2015 17:34:45 schreef Per Jessen:
EGD wrote:
On 14 октября 2015 15:49:14 Per Jessen wrote:
Just wondering where we are at? I have just installed a new
42.1-Current and see e.g. kmix, kded5 and kdeinit segfault when I
log
in. (Plasma 5)

I reproduce this also in Tumbleweed :(

Work around:
* login as root in F2 (virtual console)
* run: systemctl restart sddm.service
* login in F7

Hmm, didn't work for me - according to systemctl status, sddm is
disabled and not running. When I restart it, I appear to end up with
two login screens - the time display flickers between one with
seconds and one without.

Dual graphics, Per?

Nah, just one card, one screen (for now). I am not sure, but AFAICT the
first sddm is not actually being started by systemd, and
therefore "systemctl restart sddm" will probably only start a second
copy.

On openSUSE sddm.service is not being used AFAIK. But display-manager.service
does, AFAICT that's what's starting sddm on openSUSE. Could you try whether
restarting display-manager.service does work around the issue?

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

Official openSUSE Member
openSUSE Forums Team