Re: [opensuse-factory] leap - partioning proposal with subvolumes for mailman, libvirt, named, pgsql ?
Hi,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 09:26:51AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
I was just re-installing Leap on my test desktop when I noticed the
btrfs partitioning proposal:

* Create subvolume @/var/lib/libvirt/images on device /dev/sda5 with
* Create subvolume @/var/lib/mailman on device /dev/sda5

* Create subvolume @/var/lib/mariadb on device /dev/sda5 with
* Create subvolume @/var/lib/named on device /dev/sda5

* Create subvolume @/var/lib/pgsql on device /dev/sda5

I guess mariadb is installed by default, but what about the rest, is
that really also default? mailman, named and pgsql? I don't mind, I'm
just curious.

I consider this a suboptimal workflow.

But I expect the following answer: It doesn't cost anything.

The subvolume are created with the goal to proect them while rolling
back a snapshot.

Instead of having these suvolumes all configured by default it would be
nice to have a generic mechanism which allows to create a subvolume on
demand if a particular service gets installed or selected for
installation. And if the filesystem in question supports it. You see
how much more easy it is to create them all with one shot?

I'm adding Arvin to get his feedback/ inspiration/ nack :-)

Cheers,

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]