Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
On 2015-10-11 18:36, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:49:48 +0200,
Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am 10.10.2015 um 16:12 schrieb Takashi Iwai:

For a KMP build problem, it's easy to see, though. We can set up an
OBS project (e.g. Kernel:stable:KMP) building only KMPs based on the
latest Kernel:stable. We have already something similar for SLE, and
this has helped to catch build issues beforehand.

That would really helpful

The setup should be trivial. Michal?

Yes, this is a good idea, I will add it.

(if Kernel devs actually check that project
too, but usually the bot submits the new kernel and that one doesn't care).

Well, actually it's more package maintainers who need to work on the
breakage by the upstream kernel update. The kernel devs are willing
to help, of course, though.

Exactly. What I do for SLE is that I'm watching the *:KMP projects and
notifying package maintainers about genuine failures (unfortunately,
most failures are due to the build service building with incompatible
versions of kernel packages).

The kernel team is trying to look for a CI testing, and a similar
method might be used for KMPs, too, I suppose; at least loading a
module would work in most cases even though it's actually not used.

This should work. At least for modules that are known not to
legitimately fail to load with -ENODEV or something.

Michal