Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 08:13:44 +0200,
Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am 11.10.2015 um 18:36 schrieb Takashi Iwai:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 10:49:48 +0200,
Stephan Kulow wrote:

Am 10.10.2015 um 16:12 schrieb Takashi Iwai:

For a KMP build problem, it's easy to see, though. We can set up an
OBS project (e.g. Kernel:stable:KMP) building only KMPs based on the
latest Kernel:stable. We have already something similar for SLE, and
this has helped to catch build issues beforehand.

That would really helpful

The setup should be trivial. Michal?

(if Kernel devs actually check that project
too, but usually the bot submits the new kernel and that one doesn't care).

Well, actually it's more package maintainers who need to work on the
breakage by the upstream kernel update. The kernel devs are willing
to help, of course, though.

Well, someone would have to actually watch for failures in that project
before submitting a new kernel and alert the KMP packagers instead.

Yeah, we should check the build status before the kernel submission.
Besides that, each KMP maintainer can receive a build failure via
hermes, right?

Takashi