[opensuse-factory] Re: Systemd error at boot.
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 23:08, Steven Hess <flamebait@...> wrote:

I'm running up to date Tumbleweed in VMWare Fusion on a Mac Mini with
EXT4 partitions and a Native Tumbleweed install on a HP Intel box with
EXT4 partitions.

When I boot I get this error: "Systemd-fstab-generator [61] Failed to
create unit file /run/systemd/generator/sysroot.mount, as it already
exists. Duplicate entry in /etc/fstab?
The error repeats one more time. This happens on both computers.

The system boots and run normally. What is this error? How can I get rid of it?

Steven

First, this is a known issue, already discussed in the past week.
(See list archive)

Second, the issue in short: dracut and systemd want BOTH to do the
"right"(TM) thing, thus the file mentioned above is already created
by dracut befor systemd takes over and thus systemd acts snubbed
on this fact.

I'd ignore this message until after the next snapshot is released,
and you have done your "zypper dup". Please check for recreated
initrd files in your "/boot" dir, and reboot afterwards.

If the issue still persists, then greater intervention is needed.
(e.g. opening / updating a bugreport)

Thanks for listening and testing TW.
- Yamaban.