Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
Op zaterdag 10 oktober 2015 14:41:48 schreef Erwin Van de Velde:
However :-) I would like to see missing packages like the kermel
modules preventing Virtualbox from working properly to be treated as a
bit more critical and updated sooner.

It's not just Virtualbox. Those of us having NVIDIA Optimus experience the
same thing re. bbswitch.
On an already running TW this IMHO should result in the system not updating
the kernel, since the updates for the installed kmp packages have not been
built yet.
On a fresh TW install this has resulted in the issue as mentioned, I now know
the same is going on for bbswitch-kmp-kernelflavour. Kernel is 4.2.1, kmp
packacges are built for kernel 4.1.6, which won't work.
I assume this happens for the other kmp packages as well.

@Erwin: in the dutch subforums I posted about my getting around this issue
using osc.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht