[opensuse-factory] i/o error on sdb shown in strg+alt+f10
  • From: Thomas Langkamp <thomas.lassdiesonnerein@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 09:24:59 +0200
Hi,

since about 2 weeks I have random crashes of different apps on one of my Tumbleweed machines. Strg+Alt+F10 shows i/o errors on /dev/sdb after such an app crash. sdb is an SSD where root and home lived happily together for the past 4 years.

Could this mean that my SSD dies?
And where is the output of Strg+Alt+F10 stored?
I canĀ“t find the i/o error messages in /var/log/messages, dmesg, xsession-errors or boot.log.
Are there other important log-files I missed?
Which diag program do you use to check your SSD with mounted root?

Or is someone else seeing such errors, thus might it be a TW bug?

Thank you.