Re: [opensuse-factory] Virtualbox broken on tumbleweed
On 9 October 2015 at 20:09, Ken Schneider - Factory
<suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 10/09/2015 12:52 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2015-10-09 16:57, Larry Finger wrote:

As noted in earlier messages today, the problems with the build of
virtualbox in Tumbleweed have been fixed. Unfortunately, that new
version cannot be released as there are now problems with booting
that have nothing to do with booting.

Use the update repo :-)

Yeppers, one of those rare instances for the update repo in TW.

Personally, I'd much rather see people use this as an opportunity to
move to a more 'proper' desktop virtualisation option, like KVM +
virt-manager or KVM + GNOME boxes

Virtualbox is a flaky pile of _____ which under security has a policy
with it's security updates that's so untransparent it makes me very
nervous

Sure, on Windows, it's the only viable FOSS desktop virtualisation
option, so we can't ignore it entirely, but on Linux, we have a much
better option with KVM, I really think people should use it.