Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap - sddm-greeter keeps abending, no gui available
Op vrijdag 9 oktober 2015 10:58:59 schreef Per Jessen:
Per Jessen wrote:
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink wrote:
Op vrijdag 9 oktober 2015 09:26:19 schreef Per Jessen:
The other day I ran "zypper up" on my test desktop - now I'm stuck
with "we are sorry, sddm-greeter closed unexpectedly".

This morning I ran another "up", no change, still this sddm-greeter
failing. Any suggestions - do I reinstall from scratch? It's just
a test desktop, nothing critical.

Per, is that TW or Leap?

See $SUBJ - I'm on Leap :-)

IIRC there was an issue with TW's sddm package a while ago, where
people reported they could work around it
by systemctl restart displaymanager.service
or
systemctl restart sddm.service

There is no "displaymanager.service", and "sddm.service" is disabled ?

restarting display-manager.service only repeated the issue :-)
Then it's not the same issue
--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

Official openSUSE Member