Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: ncurses spec

On Monday 2015-10-05 12:29, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

9] what about generating two separate packages with separated ABI
version (ncurses5, ncurses6)?

NO

But we already have that in 13.2 (libncurses5, libncurses6).
So - issue marked solved.
(If you meant two seaprate SRPMs, then I also go for "no",
since both are easily buildable from the single tarball.)

10] why do we use different tack source? Are you aware of problems tack
author see in openSUSE?

http://invisible-island.net/ncurses/tack.html (License versus Packaging)

Tack is not part of ncurses and Tack has a different License.

If it is not part of ncurses, then it should become its own .spec.
(Like "which.spec" once did.)
Irrespective of license.