[opensuse-factory] Heads-up: Python 3.5 heading to Factory [was: Re: Python 3.5 plan]
On 28.9.2015 12:28, Todd Rme wrote:
Python 3.5 final has been released. Does anyone have any thoughts
about when and how openSUSE:Factory should make the switch?

I'm now submitting python 3.5.0 as a regular update for `python3` package into Factory.

There's a ton of new features and negligible amount of backwards-incompatible problems. One major thing that we will probably run into is the fact that python 3.5 drops the .pyo extension in favor of "opt-1" and "opt-2" suffixes to .pyc bytecode files. This might break filelists in some packages. Other than that, however, there shouldn't be more problems than usual.

Python 2, aka the `python` package, remains as it is.
For the record, there are currently no concrete plans about switching `python` to Python 3.

m.