Re: [opensuse-factory] Firefox 41.0 update package, gtk error logged
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 15:17:29 +0200
Op Friday 02 October 2015 11:36:02 schreef stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx:
Hi Andreas,

thank you for this information (with the time the "puzzle" is getting
complete to form a picture).

Couldn't we then just put on that famous page, right below the repos
indicated, exactly that information?

The rational is that I think a lot of users new to tumble... stumble...on
that issue.

So I would propose your text as it appears well fitting:

"Please note that Tumbleweed as a rolling release does not receive
maintenance by definition. However we have configured this update
repository and
occasionally use it for emergency updates to be served out to users
prior to the updated package arriving in a Tumbleweed snapshot. There
will be only a few instances where this shall be necessary."

Maybe together with the reminder that updates are done via zypper ref,
zypper up?

That would be nice and informative, wouldn't it.

It would indeed. A +1 from me
--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

Official openSUSE Member