Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: openldap packages
  • From: Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 13:18:07 +0200
Howard Guo [01.10.2015 12:53]:
Hello All.

Sorry for a delayed response.

I just spoke with Peter and Peter reaffirms that the 2.3.x openldap
client libraries are indeed in-use, but only by SAP products as far
as we know.

Due to the super-long life cycle of SAP products, the 2.3.x library
cannot yet be removed from openSUSE. But it would be a great idea to
totally split 2.3.x source code from openldap2 package.

How do you like this idea?

Kind regards, Howard

Howard,

sorry, but who uses openSUSE to host a SAP system? My 13 SAP systems all
use a SLES as base. It is stable, and of course I have a support
contract for my productive systems and the others are covered with this
contract as well.

Isn't it possible to create a package like openldap{_client,}_legacy as
an optional package for those who need it?

Just my 2 ¢
Werner