Re: [opensuse-factory] new package: riemann-c-client

On April 30, 2015 3:39:51 AM EDT, Peter Czanik <peter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'd like to introduce a new package to openSUSE / Factory.
Riemann-c-client is a dependency of syslog-ng. But before doing so, a
tough question: where to put it? My primary choice would be
devel:libraries:c_c++, but server:monitoring might also suite...

riemann-c-client is a client written in C for the riemann monitoring
server (http://riemann.io/) It is available on github:
https://github.com/algernon/riemann-c-client released under LGPL v3+
It's a C library used by applications written in C (like syslog-ng) to
send data to a riemann monitoring server. There is also a bundled
command line client, which acts both as a reference implementation and
as a tool to test connection to the server.
Right now it's available in my syslog-ng repo:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:czanik:syslog-ng36/riemann-c-client

Bye,
CzP

Reminds me of libprelude which is in server:monitoring.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/server:monitoring/libprelude

So I would put it there.

I believe devel:libraries:c_c++ is more of a dumping ground you use when you
can't find anything better.

Greg