Re: [opensuse-factory] register static UID/GID on openSUSE?
On 04/28/2015 09:52 PM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Tim Serong schrieb:
[...]
OK, so what are my options here, given that the ceph project still needs
a fixed UID/GID for the ceph user and group?

Some ideas:

[...]
Any other ideas? :)

5) Don't define a fixed uid on distro level but leave that up to the
deployment. That way it would be possible to recommend using the Debian
allocated uid without actually enforcing it. The admin just has to make
sure to create the user before installing the ceph package.

I'd rather avoid forcing the admin to create the user manually on every
host prior to package installation.

Regards,

Tim
--