Re: [opensuse-factory] Switching SuSEFirewall for iptables
On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:43:07AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
Uzair Shamim wrote:

I am trying to setup a machine with some docker containers but the
default suse firewall is interfering. Normally I would just add the
required rules to iptables for NAT and forwarding but it seems suse
firewall does not recognize the interface connected to docker so I
cannot add rules to allow traffic to/from it. Is there a way to
disable the SuSEFirewall and just use plain old iptables?

Yep, that's exactly what you do - disable (or even uninstall) the
openSUSE firewall, then add your own iptables script.

What interface is detected? SuSEfirewall would probably put it in the
external zone by default.

Ciao, Marcus