[opensuse-factory] Re: IPv6 Privacy Extensions
On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 14:01, Per Jessen <per@...> wrote:

James Knott wrote:

On 04/27/2015 03:46 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
I experienced similar with 13.1. It worked with earlier versions,
but
not now. Per Jensen provided a fix. I added the following to my
/etc/init.d/afterlocal file:

ifdown eth0
sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.eth0.use_tempaddr=2
ifup eth0
Hehe, hardly a fix - IPv6 privacy extensions have been enabled by
default since around 12.x, see e.g. bug#678066.

Yes, I know they've been around for a while. Our point is they're now
failing and requiring a work around.

Well, the default works just fine on my systems and I suspect it does
(initially) on yours too. I think maybe the default is being
overridden or fiddled with by something else, maybe by Network Manager.
(which I don't use). Just a hunch.

Do you have, by chance, "IP-Forwarding" enabled (YaST, Network config)?
"use_tempaddr=2" is ignored when forwarding is enabled.

- Yamaban.