Re: [opensuse-factory] CPU overheating since recent update

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 10:47:58 +0200
Thibaut Verron <thibaut.verron@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone have any clue as to how to investigate (and hopefully fix)
the issue?

Your laptop is probably clogged with dust. You need to take it apart and
clean it. I need to clean almost all my machines every year or two.

- --
Jan Matějka | QA Engineer for Maintenance
SUSE LINUX s.r.o. | https://www.suse.com/
GPG: A33E F5BC A9F6 DAFD 2021 6FB6 3EBF D45B EEB6 CA8B

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Although I cannot rule this possibility out with 100% certainty, I
find it unlikely that the problem would appear all of a sudden. And it
would not explain the inaccurate fan speed reported by the sensors,
either.

Sadly, I don't have the surgical skills required for taking apart and
back together this kind of laptops.

T. Verron