Re: [opensuse-factory] 'zypper dist-upgrade' tells me that 2 packages will be downgraded. Using '--no-cd' prevents that
On 4/22/2015 11:00 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I think that you should disable the CD soon after factory/tumbleweed
installation, because it becomes obsolete.

In a stable release the situation is different: it is not obsoleted,
and you should not normally run "dup". Disabling it or not just
depends on whether you prefer using internet or not, when possible.

On a distribution upgrade you can not have the CD/DVD of the previous
release, same as you have to disable all the old repos.

Thanks for the response and thanks even more for going into why it should or
should not be disabled depending on the circumstance. I'll add this to my notes
for future reference. :)

You might have the DVD of the target release.

Good tip, I wouldn't have thought to do that.