Re: [opensuse-factory] messages: too many vs. too few
Andrei Borzenkov composed on 2015-04-22 11:35 (UTC+0300):

Felix Miata wrote:

Through 13.1 there were always messages on tty10, very rarely any on
whichever if tty[1-6] was/were in use. Post-13.1 it seems there is no way to
get them back that doesn't litter whichever tty is logged in on and active.
I've tried various combinations of ForwardToSyslog=, ForwardToKMsg=,
ForwardToConsole= & ForwardToWall= from the journald.conf man page, but
whatever I try, I get either nothing on tty10, or what's expected on tty10
plus complete trashing of whatever tty I'm trying to use.

Did you try TTYPath=?

In every combination tried I have had

TTYPath=/dev/tty10

uncommented.

If only that line is uncommented, simply logging on tty3 in results in 10
audit/PAM messages spit out before Have a lot of fun... on just dup'd TW,
none of which show up on tty10, where last message of 10 lines in total is a
10th systemd-fsck... line.

The litter seems to
have escalated since systemd-2.19 found its way into TW. What incantations
are required to recover the old behavior?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/