Re: [opensuse-factory] Restoring support for KDE3 in LibreOffice
Dne Čt 9. dubna 2015 19:14:30, Ilya Chernykh napsal(a):
Well, maybe it will be nice to point also to submit request so we can
make picture. I search it on build service and it is this one:

For me argument with braking kde4 sounds quite strong.

This argument is invalid: I put the KDE3 support files into a separate
libreoffice-kde3 package. They do not intervene with KDE4 at all
(well, unless somebody decided to install it).

You put the package into separate sub that is right, but as you removed the
hack that merged kde and kde4 you actually have to fix the split in the
upstream, because without it kde4 integration depends on kde3.

And I kinda think more users would be pissed about suddenly pulling kde3
rather than lacking native kde3 interface. Also what's so bad with the plain
gtk frontend on kde3 it was always the supported one on those anyway, because
the kde3 had quite few rendering bugs...

Tom