Re: [opensuse-factory] fstab, systemd and UUID
On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 11:37:59PM +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 08.04.2015 um 11:54 schrieb Olaf Hering:
On Wed, Apr 08, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

Installed system boots by UUID (until a few $TIME_UNITS ago, it did boot
by-id or by-path, I'm not sure I remember this correctly).

This is the fault of grub2 and dracut, both ignore the admin choice.

Last time I looked, yast did, too (installed fstab was wrong).

The magic is: you need to change your choice, then delete all
partitioning and recreate manually. Your choice will not affect the
proposal that was created before you were even able to choose. Totally
logical from a programmers point of view. Totally useless from a users
point of view.

And the feature request to allow regenerating the proposal has
been postponed for several years (or even dropped by now). So
please stop blaming developers here.

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxx>