Re: [opensuse-factory] fstab, systemd and UUID
Am 08.04.2015 um 11:43 schrieb Arvin Schnell:
On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 10:56:12AM +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 08.04.2015 um 10:42 schrieb Arvin Schnell:
On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 10:23:28AM +0200, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 07.04.2015 um 20:31 schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM, ellanios82 <ellanios82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

/dev/sdb3 swap swap defaults 0 0

No! device names are not persistent , that's why we are discussing this
at all.

in practice, they are.

USB disks are something out of practice?

in standard setups, those are not mounted via fstab, but via udisks /
desktop-environment.

The USB disks in your server might be different, but then you are still
free to use UUID. And put swap onto them.

LOL: You are also free to use whatever you want.

No, you're actually not. At least not if you're installing with yast.
It does work, if you install by booting the rescue-cd, partition your
system manually, then use the obs build script to populate the target
file sytem, configure everything by hand and reboot afterwards. But it's
a bit tedious to do so and if I'd file a droprequest for
yast2-installation, I'm quite sure many people would be unhappy.

"How to reproduce"?
start Installation
Partitioner -> expert options -> "mount by device name" (or by whatever,
by-label also does not work).

Finish installation.
Installed system boots by UUID (until a few $TIME_UNITS ago, it did boot
by-id or by-path, I'm not sure I remember this correctly).

If you want to discuss the default options of openSUSE you have
to take many use-cases into account - not just yours.

I'm just not installing anymore, just upgrading.
--
Stefan Seyfried