Re: [opensuse-factory] Lockout during update (was New Tumbleweed snapshot 20150406 ...)
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 19:15:36 -0300
On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 5:59 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [04-07-15 11:55]:
[...]
I just completed the same but I download all first and then apply and did
both via an ssh session from my main desktop. Did 'systemctl daemon-reexec'
and then 'rcxdm restart' and my desktop reloaded with no deleted processes
existing.

But running kde.

I did notice unusual system load and found:
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd --system --deserialize 26

consuming 98% of a processor.

I do not understand this and restarting systemd did not help but a full
system restart did ???

Unless you attach strace to the busy-looping process to see what is
causing the spike in CPU use then we can't know.

A full system restart did work because the condition only triggers
under certain circumstances.