Re: [opensuse-factory] fstab, systemd and UUID
On Tue, 2015-04-07 at 14:14 +0200, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 09:46:14AM +0200, Oliver Neukum wrote:
Hi,

I recently experienced a filesystem issue that forced
me to use the rescue system and I saw two issues regarding
mounting filesystems that seemed bad to them

1) swap space is mounted by UUID
That is problematic. If your swap space is corrupted you
use mkswap. There practically is no other option.
Doing so, however, you change the UUID and your system
comes up without swap pretty much without warning.

Use mkswap -U <old-uuid> ...

That works but requires that I mess around with UUIDs.

Reagrds
Oliver