Re: [opensuse-factory] Apparmor fails to start on boot in Tumbleweed

On 03/29/2015 12:31 PM, Uzair Shamim wrote:
Hi,

After doing the latest updates for tumbleweed, I have noticed that it is
failing to start on boot:

linux-jyg:~ # systemctl status apparmor -l
● apparmor.service - LSB: AppArmor initialization
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/boot.apparmor)
Active: inactive (dead)
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

Mar 29 12:22:46 linux-2jim systemd[1]: Job apparmor.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with sysinit.target/start
Mar 29 12:22:46 linux-2jim systemd[1]: Job apparmor.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
Mar 29 12:22:46 linux-2jim systemd[1]: Job apparmor.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with sysinit.target/start
Mar 29 12:29:14 linux-jyg systemd[1]: Stopped LSB: AppArmor initialization.

However, if I do systemctl start apparmor it will run fine. Is there some way
I can determine what is causing apparmor to fail on boot?

I was able to work around this by running the following (thanks Christian for
the help):

mkdir /etc/systemd/system/apparmor.service.d/

echo -e "[Unit]\nDefaultDependencies=no" >
/etc/systemd/system/apparmor.service.d/apparmor.NoDefaultDeps.conf

systemctl daemon-reload

*reboot*

systemctl enable apparmor

*reboot*

If I remove the drop in file, apparmor will not start on boot, but with it the
process works fine. I also had to run enable because for some reason it was
disabled even though I have never ran the command. The previous point is still
true, even on reboot the service is not able to start on boot.

- --
Regards,
Uzair Shamim