Re: [opensuse-factory] Monospace font issue
Am Donnerstag, 2. April 2015, 08:42:55 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:
On Thursday 2015-04-02 00:14, Jan Ritzerfeld wrote:
[...]
It appears the cursor is placed (glyph width in pixels * columns) away,
so what's misplaced is perhaps the font - but that's a preference.

Yes, it seems that KDE (yakuake, konsole) uses the actual font including its
width but the wrong font is actually displayed. The preview window of the
font selector shows the wrong font, too.

Cf. http://picpaste.de/li-VN5Foo2n.png on how xterm places each char in
its reference bbox.

Hmm, I only see the usual Linux spacing (kerning?) problems.

jan@karl:~> fc-match "xos4 Terminus"
ter-112n.pcf: "xos4 Terminus" "Regular"

How about
xterm -fa "xos4 Terminus"

also Arial?

jan@karl:~> xterm -fa "xos4 Terminus"
xterm: Selected font has no non-zero height for ISO-8859-1 encoding

xterm -fa "Terminus" looks like Terminus although:
jan@karl:~> fc-match "Terminus"
arial.ttf: "Arial" "Normal"

There was a libfreetype6 update for 13.2 the day before I noticed the
problem. It does not look like the Factory problem of the OP.

Gruß
Jan
--
Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.