Re: [opensuse-factory] Booting into runlevel 3 no longer possible by appending 3 to the kernel line

On Thursday 2015-04-02 12:46, Felix Miata wrote:

Some time in the last month Tumbleweed lost the ability to boot into
runlevel
3 (command line with no X server running) by appending a 3 to the kernel
line
in the grub menu. I guess that's because with systemd there are no numbered
runlevels anymore, but I wonder, what the replacement is?

Does it still occur for you and have you not changed klog units since?
If so, run and paste

systemctl status klog

รข klog.service - Early Kernel Boot Messages
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/klog.service; enabled; vendor
preset: disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Thu 2015-04-02 06:38:26 EDT; 2min 30s ago

Thanks. I too observe the same output.

`systemctl status klog` on TW:
loaded (/usr/.../klog.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
`systemctl status klog` on openSUSE 13.2 however reports:
loaded (/usr/.../klog.service; disabled)

So, *someone or something* caused klog service to become enabled all
of a sudden. That in turn means that klog's requirements are being
started on boot. Since klog requires "default.target" (which is
equivalent to graphical.target), graphical parts will be started even
though you have "3" on the boot line.

systemd is working properly.

But you might want to ask Werner Fink / mtomaschewski about
klog.service.