Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd-219 vs. rsyslog: Where do mail* events get logged now?
On Wed, 01 Apr 2015, 19:11:30 +0200, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 2:07 PM, Manfred Hollstein
<mhollstein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2015, 18:50:33 +0200, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
[...]
#mkdir /etc/systemd/journald.conf.d/
and create a drop in snippet with content

[Journal]
ForwardToSyslog=true

The drop ins are never altered by package upgrades. If yast or some
other application modifies the settings it must do so on its own
dropins too.

thanks Peter and Christian for this hint. I'm now back to almost normal
logging - just need to redirect the new flood of audit messages to
somewhere else. Nevertheless, I believe a "drop-in" replacement for
init, syslog, whatsnot should have come with this missing glue itself...

BTW.. this is off by default now because the most prevalent syslog
implementations (rsyslog, syslog-ng) now support reading from journal
natively.

Do they do it by default (both manpages, rsyslog.conf and rsyslogd, do
not mention "journal")? If so, why didn't the messages show up in the
various log files? If it must be enabled explicitly, I'd suggest that
with systemd/journald's default configuration the other sysloggers
should be configured to have it enabled, no?

Cheers.

l8er
manfred