Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd-219 vs. rsyslog: Where do mail* events get logged now?
  • From: Emil Stephan <Emil.Stephan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 19:12:58 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 1. April 2015, 19:30:07 schrieb Andrei Borzenkov:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 7:25 PM, Manfred Hollstein

<mhollstein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 01 Apr 2015, 17:56:32 +0200, Manfred Hollstein wrote:
Hi there,

after upgrading to several new stuff (including systemd-219) I now
realized that there are no messages logged to the /var/log/mail* files.
I use rsyslogd as my system logger and I don't have a persistent
journal. Up until systemd-210 sending an e-mail using postfix got logged
in /var/log/mail, similar to every received e-mail pulled in via
fetchmail, but right now the log file doesn't show any activity.

Does someone of our systemd experts know which knob to tweak to get
the old behaviour?

just switched to syslog-ng and nothing changed. Also, only audit
messages reach /var/log/messages, any other messages normally shown in
/var/log/messages don't hit any file.

Are messages present in journalctl output or they are completely lost?
Hello Andrei,
Yes they can be seen with journalctl. I followed the advice from Peter Czanik
setting ForwardToSyslog=yes. Now i have the messages back in fetchmail, mail*
and i hope also the others more seldom used services.
Regards, Emil
--
Registered Linux User since 19940320