Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd-219 vs. rsyslog: Where do mail* events get logged now?
On Wed, 01 Apr 2015, 18:50:33 +0200, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Peter Czanik <peter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
From somewhere around systemd-212 (or a bit later, I don't remember any
more) forwarding to syslog is turned off by default in journald.

Yeah, I thought it was On by default but the documentation says otherwise.

#mkdir /etc/systemd/journald.conf.d/
and create a drop in snippet with content

[Journal]
ForwardToSyslog=true

The drop ins are never altered by package upgrades. If yast or some
other application modifies the settings it must do so on its own
dropins too.

thanks Peter and Christian for this hint. I'm now back to almost normal
logging - just need to redirect the new flood of audit messages to
somewhere else. Nevertheless, I believe a "drop-in" replacement for
init, syslog, whatsnot should have come with this missing glue itself...

Thanks for your help anyway!

Cheers.

l8er
manfred