Re: [opensuse-factory] systemd-219 vs. rsyslog: Where do mail* events get logged now?
On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 1:42 PM, Peter Czanik <peter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
From somewhere around systemd-212 (or a bit later, I don't remember any
more) forwarding to syslog is turned off by default in journald.

Yeah, I thought it was On by default but the documentation says otherwise.

#mkdir /etc/systemd/journald.conf.d/
and create a drop in snippet with content

[Journal]
ForwardToSyslog=true

The drop ins are never altered by package upgrades. If yast or some
other application modifies the settings it must do so on its own
dropins too.