Re: [opensuse-factory] Apparmor fails to start on boot in Tumbleweed
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:07:28 -0300

On 03/29/2015 12:31 PM, Uzair Shamim wrote:
Hi,

After doing the latest updates for tumbleweed, I have noticed that it is
failing to start on boot:

linux-jyg:~ # systemctl status apparmor -l
● apparmor.service - LSB: AppArmor initialization
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/boot.apparmor)
Active: inactive (dead)
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

Mar 29 12:22:46 linux-2jim systemd[1]: Job apparmor.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with sysinit.target/start
Mar 29 12:22:46 linux-2jim systemd[1]: Job apparmor.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with basic.target/start
Mar 29 12:22:46 linux-2jim systemd[1]: Job apparmor.service/start deleted to
break ordering cycle starting with sysinit.target/start
Mar 29 12:29:14 linux-jyg systemd[1]: Stopped LSB: AppArmor initialization.

However, if I do systemctl start apparmor it will run fine. Is there some
way I can determine what is causing apparmor to fail on boot?

I was able to work around this by running the following (thanks Christian for
the help):

mkdir /etc/systemd/system/apparmor.service.d/

echo -e "[Unit]\nDefaultDependencies=no" >
/etc/systemd/system/apparmor.service.d/apparmor.NoDefaultDeps.conf

systemctl daemon-reload

*reboot*

systemctl enable apparmor

*reboot*

I am currently working on a fix for apparmor and on removing the few
remaning early boot sysvinit scripts..(this one is the only important
left) fixing the systemd bug is on the shoulders of people that want
this SUSE specific hack to live on and I will not waste my time with
it ever again.