Re: [opensuse-factory] Inclusion of Pitivi 0.92 and its dependencies to Tumbleweed
* Yonsung Lee <ys9607@xxxxxxxxx> [03-17-14 15:29]:
Hi all (first time mailing here, so pardon me if mistakes are made),

The current version of Pitivi available for OpenSUSE:Stable is 0.15.
It's buggy and limited, and was released in 2011.

Since then, Pitivi has switched to using Gstreamer Editing Services
(GES) as its platform, and its performance and stability has improved
*exponentially*. The current stable release (0.92) is much more usable
than 0.15.

As far as I remember, there are two dependencies that need to be added
as well, gstreamer-editing-services and GNonLin 1.1.90.

Links to factory:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%
3AFactory&package=pitivi
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%
3AFactory&package=gstreamer-editing-services
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=openSUSE%
3AFactory&package=gnonlin

It would be great if this could be added to Tumbleweed, as we all know
Linux users are in need of an intuitive yet versatile video editor.

0.92 *is* available although not specifically for Tw, but you can use it
on an "interium" basis from 13.1 as Tw is basically a leading edge version
of 13.1. Perhaps someone will agree to build for Tw soon.

I would try:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/Apps/openSUSE_13.1/
There are 32/64-bit versions available. Download the rpm and install
locally, zypper -v in /<file-location>/pitivi...rpm
watching carefully for file changes advertised

note: I have/do do this on occasion but you need to be ready to revert
and correct for changes which adversely affect your machine. I have not
tried Pitivi!

gud luk,