Re: [opensuse-factory] Package presentation: openocd
  • From: Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 13:09:00 -0300
Hi,

I am going to submit hardware/openocd to Factory.

http://openocd.sourceforge.net/

openocd (open on chip debugger) is the most famous ARM programming/debugging
tool supporting various range of protocols.

This tool makes you able to upload and download firmware to/from you ARM
based MCU. As well as perform on chip debugging providing GDB remote
protocol.

Following 3 packages are submitted:

1. devel:languages:tcl/jimtcl is needed to build openocd
2. hardware/hidapi is simple library to support CMSIS protocol
3. hardware/openocd is openocd itself.

What drivers are builded in the packages?

You added in the packages the udev rules to use this software as user?

The open source driver ftdi_sio (present in the actual Linux systems),
do'nt work. The best way to prevent this module to not load, is to add
to the blacklist modules in /etc/modprobe.d/
They are 2 options about the driver; one, is the ftdi propietary
driver, and the best, is to use with libftdi and libusb.

I tryed to use urjtag, but I do'nt finded the patch for the source, to
use with the bus blaster.

I builded openocd, configured with ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode \
--enable-ft2232_libftdi
With this option (the first time used only "./configure --enable-ft2232_libftdi"

I must have installed oin the system libftdi and libftdi-dev, libusb
and libusb-dev.

You can use this device as user, creating the udev.rules:

$> lsusb
Bus 004 Device 005: ID 0403:6010 Future Technology Devices
International, Ltd FT2232C Dual USB-UART/FIFO IC

Then we are going to add this device to udev so we don't have to use
sudo to use it. First check that you are a member of the group plugdev
(with commands like groups or id), then add the following to a udev
rules file.

sudo vi /etc/udev/rules.d/45-ftdi2232-libftdi.rules

#Bus Blaster
SYSFS{idProduct}=="6010", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0403", MODE="666", GROUP="plugdev"

I have yet other problems to resolve, in part because I'm trying to
de-brick a board of a stereo which uses a dual core based in arm7tdmi,
builded by JVC with a mcslogic or Philips MCU (BX8805 equiv. MLC3895).

One of the problems, is openocd could'nt complete the scan chain, such
as they are a false connection, but I have a FM station at least than
100 meters, and it could interfere. I must to build a electromagnetic
isolation, and probe again. I hope that the problem is'nt this
[SOLVED] TDO stuck from this forum

The other problem, which appear on the example from the link Bus
Blaster v2 vs Panda Board , is that I must to connect the TRST pin to
the NTRST pin of the board.

The last problem I have to resolve, is with the flash memory of the
board I would to de-brick, because it uses the SST39VH1601 chip, and
I got the error: "Error: Could not probe bank: no QRY", but it can be
related to the first problem, of a false connection, or
electromagnetic noise

http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus_Blaster_urJTAG_guide

http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37

Regards,
Juan
--
USA LINUX OPENSUSE QUE ES SOFTWARE LIBRE, NO NECESITAS PIRATEAR NADA Y
NI TE VAS A PREOCUPAR MAS POR LOS VIRUS Y SPYWARES: