Re: [opensuse-factory] Release lifetime
On Wednesday 12 March 2014, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 10.03.2014 16:38, schrieb Ruediger Meier:
On Monday 10 March 2014, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 10.03.2014 12:11, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
You need the old update repo still for situations where you
install new packages on your system which got an update after GA
but none from Evergreen.

This situation doesn't happen on all his machines every day
though.

How you know that smart ass? You should safe your arrogant style
for things you know exactly.

Oh, it's that time of year again, the time to update the mail
filters.... :-)

Actually I do "zypper patch" everyday and it logs that warning
everyday.

And that would work just the same if you disable the 11.4 update
repo. Just if you want to install a not yet installed package which
got updated after GA but not in EG (as Wolfgang stated), you will
need the 11.4 update repo.

In case a patch has added a new dependency then it could install that
dep not-up-to-date. This happens sometimes for patches and often for
updates.
And it would be absolutely impractical and non-sense to disable all the
repos (update-source, -debug ...) and to always enable it before
doing "zypper in" ... just to avoid the warning a few but not all
times.

BTW disabling autorefresh does not avoid the warning neither which is
maybe another bug.

I'm sorry if I used too bad words but I simply got it wrong. Thought
it's just another ironic help offer like "If you don't like it as is
then don't use it."
I know that the update repo issue itself is just a minor one. But it IS
an issue and all mentioned ways to work around do not work or are
non-sense.

cu,
Rudi